Sunday, February 13, 2011

Leaving La Sainte-Baume Today (Possibly last post for couple of days)

I'm back in my room for a little while. I'm waiting for M. et Mme. Garde to come for me. Apparently Mme. was not well enough to make the trip to Germany. They are picking me up to take me to M. et Mme. Rizzo for the night. They will then take me to airport tomorrow or the 7:30am flight to Rome out of Marseille

The friars have been gracious, and the lay staff was asking if I am returning sometime. The sisters presented with a little birthday gift: a card with Psalm 17 printed on it, a medal of St. Marie-Magdelene, and a beautiful rosary. Guilhem came by to make sure he had my e-mail and the link to the blog so he could see the video of him playing the piano. He was telling me of a monastery that he says I have to see near Montpelier in the southwest of France near the Spanish border. We intend to keep in touch and he hopes to be able to get some time off. He wants to go with me when I return to France in the late spring.

I never made it to the ridge, the crest of the cliffs above the grotto. That is still a must before my time here is over. I will likely come back here in the early part of my return to France after Rome.

I'll be shutting down the computer shortly. I'm sure this is it for the day. Tomorrow is the travel day to Rome and getting settled in my room at the North American College. I don't know what the set-up will be for internet access. So sit tight everybody for a couple of days. I'll be back on line as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone who has followed this far. Stay posted for more to come.

A bientot.

Fr. Rick