Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beautiful Saturday

Today was a beautiful day in Rome. We celebrated Mass together in the Casa O'Toole. That was followed by a lecture on Canon Law. We were supposed to have the talk by Msgr. Moroney from the Worcester Diocese on the New Translation of the Roman Missal, (the changes in the Mass prayers effective next December), but because of sickness, he was not able to fly out to Rome for the several days that he was scheduled to be with us. So there has been a bit of change in our calendar.
The talk was very good, although very technical, about jurisdictions of pastors, parish territories, responsibility for adminstration of sacraments, and a long list of other topics.

The talk ended early to give me a bit of time to do laundry. After lunch, I worked on the laundry. It takes hours for these small European mashines to do anything. Almost 2 hours to dry a small load of laundry. I had the afternoon off. I walked to a street on the other side of St. Peter's Square to purchase a few things that have not arrived in the box. The office cannot even give me an approximate time when it might arrive, if ever. So in the meantime, I am wearing a cassock in place of the black suit. This is entirely appropriate in any setting requiring the black suit.

Fr. Joe Schaedel from the diocese of Indianapolis was going out for supper with some of the seminarians of his diocese and invited me join them. Douglas and Martin knew of a great pizza place and we had a great meal.

A short post tonight. I will going to bed early after all the walking I did.
Tomorrow, Mass is at the seminary chapel with a brunch after. The rest of the day is free. I found a listing of free art exhibits that I will probably search out in the city in the afternoon.

Have a good night everyone.