Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Visit with the Garde's and in Sanremo, Italy

This posting has no picdtures because somehow the settings of my download from my camera got changed. I have the pictures in the camera but I can't seem to get to download properly. That is disappointing because I have great photos of the Garde's and I at table, the spectacular coastal land and seascape of Marseille. I will try to get these posted somehow.

Saturday, I checked out of the hotel and drove to Auriol to visit M. and Mme. Garde. It was good to see them again. Their hospitality continues to be so gracious. I arrived and Mme. Garde had hoped to visit Notre Dame de la Garde. But they had read my blog as they have been faithful followers. They saw the pictures I posted the day before. So they were now switching to plan B. We left for the waterfront section of Marseille that I had only seen from the small tourist "train" that took me up to the basilica the day before.

While Marseille is a very large city, there are sections of it that you would swear were miles away in remote areas. East of the city is a rugger coastline that has small fishing villages, intlet, and coves with crashing waves, caves, and rocky islands.

After touring around the coastal road, we stopped in a little fishing village to one of the Garde's favorite pizzeria. We had a table right at the edge of the dock. You would never know you were within the boundaries of a city of nearly 3 million.

More later. Hopefully I can get those photos up on line.