Monday, May 23, 2011

At Pernes-les-Fontaines with Bob and Inez

After a great week of cooking and touring in Siena, I am now in the village of Pernes-les-Fontaines with Bob and Inez doing what do you think - cooking.

I have very limited internet access, so this will be very brief.

Our hosts, Marie-line and Max Hermann are gone for a few days to a family reunion. We expect them back later today and they are expecting dinner.

Yesterday and again this morning, Bob and Inez and I hit a few of the local daily markets and purchased what we need for dinner. I will be making a big pot of traditional New England Fish Chowder (clams are not available). This is a combination of flavors the french are not accustomed to.

So in the meantime, it is back to the kitchen.

Ciao         Oops, I mean, bonne journée!