Saturday, May 7, 2011

Series of Mini-Postings

Hi everyone. The unreliability of the internet connection is maddening. So be prepared for a series of what I will call mini-postings. There may be 3 - 4 each day. Look in the column to the right under the images of the followers and you will more than one posting on the same date. Be sure to check them all.

By the way, if you have not registered as a follower, please do so.

We began our music sessions today. It is 3:00pm right now. I just returned from lunch with Anne, a lovely lady, retired physician from NYC, and a cellist. We sightread a number of easy pieces together this morning. She has been playing the cello for only 5 years since her retirement. For lunch we walked up the hill across the street from the performance center. The tomatoes are already being harvested here. It's the tomato flavor of New England in August. Delicious! Here is  photo of the view from the place.

From the terrace of "La Beccaccia" Restaurant. We crashed a wedding reception that was taking place, but they seated us anyway. 
This morning, I was not scheduled for a group, so I had the chance to practice for a while. I had access to three of the fours pianos here. After two hours of practice, Noe, a violinst approached me with some Beethoven Sonatas for Violin/Piano and invited me to play. So we picked out an easier one that neither of us had seen before and had a great time. We had to give up the space after 45 minutes. It was scheduled for a session for a string quartet.

Playing a Dvorak Quartet. This group invited me to play a Robert Schumann Quintet but the piano part was missing.
Now I'm going poolside for an hour. Then its back to the performance center for my session with another NYer, Robert Berman in the Mozart Sonata in Bflat for 4 hands. If you go to YouTube and search for this piece, you will find several performances of it.
Actually, here is a performance of it on harpsichord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ79dUvhrXs

Have fun listening. I am having fun playing.

Be back sooner than later.
Ciao.