Friday, May 13, 2011

Our Concert tonight

Its my last night on Ischia. Our concert which we prepared for all week was this afternoon. I wish I had a video camera to show you all the music that we made today. As it is, I have video of the Mozart piece that we played. But because of the very slow internet connection here at the Hotel Grazia Terme, I will only be able to download the video in the future. But to be sure, its coming.

It is 11:15 PM. I still have to pack and then catch a taxi to the port tomorrow morning to catch the ferry in time to get a taxi to get to the train station to catch the train to Siena. I arrive on Saturday afternoon. I have all day Sunday for myself. The cooking classes begin on Monday. Hopefully I will have the time and the bandwidth to up load the movement that I was part of.

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I have made some wonderful friends, some of whom live close enough to Massachusetts to get together once in a while to make some great music. Here are a few pictures from the concert.

The string quartet from University of Pensylvania who performed in the the church of San Giuseppe in Frango last night.
Aldo de Vero, Director of the Ischia Muwsic Festival; Shane, Kathleeen, Olivia, and Chris, Students of University of Pensylvania; David Yang, Director of the Chamber Music Program at U of Penn.
Group playing a Haydn String Quartet

Our whole group posing after the concert today.

University of Pennsylvania Quartet. Chris, Kathleen, Olivia, Shane
Short posting tonight. Stay tuned in the next couple of days. Anticipating a better internet connection to relate a more complete picture of the week's events.

Ciao