Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just a short time at the hotelerie this morning

It was another very stormy night. Not much sleep again. This time it was a wooden shutter swinging loose in the wind slamming against the building. Several guests mentioned it at breakfast. We figured out it is the window in an unoccupied room in that wing. Hopefully someone will go to secure it shut before tonight.
The next couple of days brings a change of schedule for me. I am waiting for M. et Mme. Lardeux, to come for me. He is an organist as I have said and we are going to tour some churches and to play some of the historic pipe organs in the area. After dinner at their home, I will come back to the hotelerie.

I received two emails this morning, one from Bishop Rey, and one from his secretary, reminding me of the bishop's invitation to concelebrate the 10:30am Mass on this Sunday at the basilica of St-Maximin, staying as a guest of the bishop at his residence and then speaking with his seminarians on Monday morning. So that invitation is now confirmed and M. et Mme. Garde will come for me Sunday morning to take me to the cathedral. The bishop is arranging for someone to return me to the hotelerie on Monday.

So I will be taking a bit of a break from the novena and will not carry my laptop on Sunday and Monday. I will most likely have some time to post later tonight, Saturday. And then, not until Monday evening.

We are having snow here today too. It's still very stormy and windy, with powerful wind gusts. I logged onto some local news stations for southern New England. You are having snow, aren't you?

The bells are ringing for mid-day prayer and Mass. I'm off.

Thanks for following the blog.