Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Practicing this week.

Well the Holy Week is over and we are into the Easter Season. The churches are still beautifully decorated. Easter Monday is an Italian holiday. All church offices and many businesses close for the day. So the city was quiet yesterday.

The Casa O'Toole is quiet too. All the priests have gone to Assisi. As I shared with you before, I opted to remain behind. I have been to Assisi a few times before and I have made an extended retreat before coming to Rome. I have made arrangements to return to La Sainte-Baume at the end of June before returning home. I figured this would be a good opportunity to take the time for my final preparations for the Ischia Chamber Music Festival. The seminary is also on break, so it is quiet there too. At Pranzo today there were only 8 table; there are usually about 35. The seminarians are traveling.

I have gotten 4 - 5 hours of pacticingt yesterday and today. The weather has not been copperative, so I have taken advantage of the rainy days and the readily available pianos (there are several pianists among the students who all try to get some practicing done each day.) The remainder of the week should be drier and I will work at the piano in the mornings, and after pranzo, head out into the city to visit some museums that I did not get to, The Capitoline, the Corsini, and Doria-Pamphyllia. Its about 7PM right now and the sky seems to be clearing somewhat. I may venture out for a bit of dinner.

Thanks everyone for the e-mails wishing me a Happy Easter. It was great to hear from folks. And of course everyone was raving about the Triduum and Easter Sunday celebration at St. John Neumann. I hope there are lots of pictures.

Continued blessings of the Easter Season to everyone.
Fr. Rick