Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nice to be back in Rome

Greetings everyone.
The Holy Land was a great trip. I'm exhausted! I hope everyone enjoyed the blog and the pictures. We arrived back at the seminary about 8PM after a very routine trip. Nothing exciting, which is the only way to fly.

On arrival, even with the so-called meal on Alitalia, (Oh! How the mighty have fallen.) a group of us went to a local pizzeria and enjoyed ourselves. I decided to sleep in on Sunday morning, another rare treat. I was up at about 9:30.

I received an email from Mr. Aldo De Vero, the organizer of the Ischia Chamber Music Festival. He sent me my program. Here it is:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Sonata in Bflat Major for 4 Hands - K 386,(all movements) 

Wolfgang Amdeus Mozart: Trio in E flat Major, K. 498 for Clarinet, Viola and Piano  (all movements)

Franz Josef Haydn: Trio in F Major, Hob. XV 6 for Violin, Cello, and Piano (all movements)

You can hear all these pieces if you go to YouTube and search for them. It is amazing to hear the young people playing these pieces.

Today, Sunday, was a very quiet day. I went to the computer room at the seminary to print the Mozart Trio in Eflat Majhor. I did not have the music. This is new piece that I have to learn this month.

Then I practiced for a couple of hours and learned the first movement.

A group of us went to Mass at Santa Maria in Trastevere at 5:30pm. Then we found a nice place for dinner.
I am back at the seminary for another good night sleep.

Short posting tonight. No pictures since yesterday was a check out of the hotel, head to the airport and fly back to Rome day. Not the most photogenic kind of experience.

There is more to come this week; lectures on preaching, and Holy Orders. And a general audience with Pope Benedict on Wednesday.

I will also be making plans to travel somewhere this weekend too.

Father Rodney emailed me about a list of things and mentioned the first work party for the Festival 2011.
Send me pictures, or get them on line on the website. Would love to see them.

Blessings all

Fr. Rick